TrainWeb Hosted Websites
Featuring Railroad Books
Sorted by URL and not by title.
- ★ = Active website noted for volume & quality of information & photos.
- ☆ = Inactive website noted for archival information & photos.
- ☡ = Caution - functioning website but exhibiting some technical problems.
- Δ = New website under construction. Might be empty of content.
- CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
April 28, 2017 - Amtrak's Line from Chicago to Carbondale, Illinois.
New 100+ page rail route guidebook highlights 309-mile-long route. By Robert & Kandace Tabern. To date, we have authored nine railroad route guidebooks covering the various Midwestern passenger railroad routes out of Chicago. Our popular "Outside the Rails" book series now serves as a major fund raiser for the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation's Rail Rangers program, which provides free on board educational programs on private rail excursions in the Upper Midwest region. The goal of writing the route guidebooks is to....
Photographing TRAINS Vol. 1 Amtrak's Southwest Chief by Carl Morrison (Kindle Edition)
First in a Series of Long Distance Amtrak Train Photography Guides. This book tells you where and how to make great exterior and interior train photos along the route of the Amtrak Southwest Chief Los Angeles - Chicago. . This eBook includes tips for taking photos, not only of the Southwest Chief, but of tourist trains, rail museums, and private rail cars close to the Southwest Chief route. Carl gives many suggestions as to where to eat, and where to stay along the way. Includes over 350 photos by the author from over 20 trips on the Southwest Chief to illustrate proven photo concepts. All Photographs and Text, except where noted, By Carl Morrison...
CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
- ☆ Jerry Pinkepank's Book Addenda
- ★ The Spiral Tunnels and the Big Hill
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|